Mindful Veterans Connection
We are Mindful Veterans: To learn about us -- and possibly join us -- see this brief video produced by the World Mindfulness Project called GIFT in early 2017:
We are Mindful Veterans Connection,www.mindfulvets.net , a small but growing group of military veterans in the USA and internationally who have found mindfulness to be extremely effective in dealing with our service-connected conditions such as PTSD, Depression, Chronic Pain, Anger Management, Agent Orange Syndrome etc. We are trying to spread the word on the power of mindfulness to other veterans and active duty military. For some of us, Mindfulness has been a life-saver, truly transformative. As part of our own healing we feel a need to share this with other veterans who may feel they are out of options.
To reach more veterans in this internet and social media age we live in, we created a web forum in 2015 for our small local group in Delaware USA. As our ranks slowly grow, now we are in the process of building a global informational web site and virtual community for and by Veterans (and some active duty) who use mindfulness and mindful meditation in their lives. We are just getting started and have vets from the original Delaware USA MBSR groups and more recently from other veterans around the USA and a few internationally (India, The Philippines). Active duty military and mindfulness professionals and researchers are equally welcome.
We are NOT a formal US government-sanctioned VA website but receive helpful support and information from various mindfulness experts within and outside the VA.
Since starting this site we've grown and now have registered members around the USA and internationally -- including veterans from India, The Philippines and the United Kingdom; we also have unregistered visitors visit our site regularly from around the world as well.
We are working in conjunction with Sam Beards' GIFT program; to learn more visit: https://giftglobal.org/about-sam-beard/
Mindful Veterans Connection's purpose is two-fold:
1. To provide mindfulness information resources relevant to veterans, and,
2. To grow a virtual veterans peer-support presence online as this site evolves..
To visit our Forum -- Please Click-Push Here
- Also, we are also looking for veteran graduates from a Mindfulness-based training program or therapy group to join us and help us grow this virtual community. (MBSR, MBCT, etc.) . Furthermore, if you are a VA Staff Mindfulness Leader and are interested in joining our web forum, we welcome you, so please send a message to the administrator of this board by clicking HERE.
- If you have any questions please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- To contribute to this site to help us cover our technical costs, please see our GoFundMe.com page HERE.
- We have recently added a page on Facebook to serve as a place to discuss and promote the themes of our website: It is located at: facebook.com/mindfulvetsconnection .
- Coming Soon: Podcasts from Mindful Veterans Connection.